Venus are back at our AM Social Group17th November 2023
Community Organising & Activism Awareness Session17th November 2023
Tuesday 21st November 2023 between 10.30 – 12.30
Centre 88, Saner Street, Hull
The Hull VCSE Assembly is a new way of bringing together voluntary and community sector groups and organisations working in Hull. The VCSE Assembly is designed to share information across a diverse membership that includes large organisations and smaller community-based groups, with a focus on developing new opportunities around future service delivery and working in partnership to improve outcomes for local people. The VCSE Assembly provides a valuable networking space and a chance to share good practice and find out more about what other groups and organisations are doing.
The Hull VCSE Assembly is supported by Sector Connect Hull, which is a partnership between Forum CIO and Hull CVS, which provides free training and organisational development support to groups and organisations working across Hull.
Membership of the VCSE Assembly is free and open to everyone and meets on a monthly basis. There will be meetings of the wider VCSE Assembly which will run alongside themed sessions- VCSE Collaborative Meetings – focusing on different aspects of our work.
The first themed session will focus on Adult Social Care.
This session will include representation from senior officer within Adult Social Care at Hull City Council and provide an opportunity for our VCSE partners to:
- Understand the emerging opportunities for the VCSE in terms of supporting future Adult Social Care service delivery.
- Consider how a collaboration of VCSE organisations can respond to these opportunities as they arise.
- Understand how a VCSE collaboration has been developed to deliver VCSE Discharge support services.
- Begin to map what the VCSE currently delivers and what it could deliver in the future.
- Understand the training and support which Sector Connect Hull can provide to maximise these opportunities.
To book a place at this meeting, click here.