The Revive Project was designed to provide a safe place for people to come to who were still carrying negative emotional, mental and physical affects from several lockdowns and continuing to live with Covid 19.
An example of such factors would be:
• a general dip in self esteem/self confidence
• a noticeable decrease in confidence/unwillingness to venture out again now lockdowns have ended
• reluctance to go out alone in this ‘new normal’
• loss of social contacts and even social skills
• poorer mental health
• reduced muscle tone or uncertainty over how much they can now physically manage if they do go out
• an increase in or development of anxiety or depression
Their professional singer, Ruth Getz, leads the group in singing over the six sessions and this is interspersed with practicing various deep breathing techniques.
Each week they will add in a different breathing and /or meditation style and the hope is that by the end of the six sessions each participant will have found a form of mindfulness that they can work with thereby equipping themselves with a method of reduction in stress, anxiety, greater control of blood pressure, more effective use of exercise etc.
Participants have been extremely positive about the group and said they found benefits in all the areas that are hoping to be addressed. Participants have left with a new-found confidence, new friends, and enjoyment of a new activity. They felt the focus on mindfulness was helpful in giving them a new tool to work with on existing issues in their lives.
If you have any questions about Revive please call Home from Hospital 01482 447673 option 1.