The AI scams that are targeting young adults22nd September 2023
Man arrested following burglary in Hull22nd September 2023
Funding to help increase the stock of housing available to veterans across the UK.
The Veterans Capital Housing Fund is provided by the Office for Veterans’ Affairs and delivered by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust.
This Fund supports projects that contribute to the wider aim of ending veterans’ homelessness by providing affordable and viable homes for veterans.
This Fund has been divided into two grants programmes:
- Refurbishment Grants of up to £75,000 (though most will be under £40,000) for projects that will refurbish or extend existing accommodation for veterans. This could be transitional or permanent housing. Permanent housing can only include properties that are available to veterans under a social rent or are part of a wider facility that provides a rented home to a veteran with the tailored support that meets their needs (this can include care homes).
- Development Grants of up to £25,000 for projects lasting up to one year. The funding is to help with the costs of getting the building idea to the stage where on site works could start.
For both grants, priority will be given to projects for:
- Single Veterans
- Veterans and their families, including veterans who have shared custody arrangements for their children.
- Veterans with disabilities
- Homeless Veterans
- Female Veterans
- LGBT Veterans
- Veterans leaving prison.
Applications will be accepted from:
- UK registered charities that can show experience of supporting veterans. The charity must have been registered with the relevant regulator for at least three years at the time of application and be able to provide published accounts for all three years.
- Registered social housing providers that can show they support veterans.
More grant programmes are expected to open under this Fund later in 2023 for larger new build or major refurbishment capital projects.
There will be two funding rounds for Refurbishment and Development grants in the 2023/24 financial year.
The first deadline for applications is midday on 23 October 2023.