About to light your open fire, wood burning stove or gas fire for the first time this winter? Toasty warm, but are you safe from carbon monoxide if they haven’t been serviced in a while? Consider a CO alarm.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal.
Carbon-based fuels are safe to use. It is only when the fuel does not burn properly that excess CO is produced, which is poisonous. When CO enters the body, it prevents the blood from bringing oxygen to cells, tissues, and organs.
Have your chimney swept or your boiler serviced before the onset of winter – it could save your life.
Find out more on the Humberside Fire website at https://bit.ly/2DsiEfD