This is a great opportunity for a young person to help shape how Humberside Police deliver a service with young people in mind.
Youth IAG members are members of the public who have an interest in how policing works and how this impacts on their community. Members are not expected to be a spokesperson for any particular group of people but should bring their own personal experiences and perspectives to the Youth IAG. In order to help Humberside Police better understand their communities IAG’s should have members reflecting the diversity of the local people that Humberside Police serve.
The Youth IAG helps give young people a voice and the chance to inform and shape how they support those who live in the Humberside Area. Humberside Police are keen to make sure the Youth IAG is representative of all communities so welcome young people from all backgrounds and who share the aims of the Youth IAG which are to: –
· Create and encourage an open discussion with our diverse communities
· Provide young adults with the opportunity to help shape how we support everyone in the Humberside Area
· Get young people involved in developing our policies and procedures and make them suitable for all
· Improve how we work with young adults across the force
· Give young people the skills to help them work with us to create resilient communities
· Provide young adults with the chance to speak freely and act as a “critical friend” and help us improve and grow alongside our communities
For further information, e-mail: SPOCYouthIAG@humberside.pnn.police.uk