Police are issuing advice after two separate reports of burglary in the Newland Avenue area of Hull on Friday 8 June.
The first was on Reynoldson Street, Hull at around 1.45am. It is not believed that anything was stolen in this incident, however a few items of property were moved. Log 71 of 08/06/18.
The second was on Goddard Avenue, Hull at around 2.25am. It was reported that a man entered the house through an unlocked door. He was disturbed by a man in the house and left without stealing anything. Log 53 of 08/06/18.
If you have any information about the burglaries please call 101 quoting the relevant log number or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Keep your home safe this summer:
• Always keep doors locked and when you leave a room close and lock the windows
• If your valuables are visible through a window they could tempt a burglar – do not leave items on view
• Get a house alarm fitted to deter burglars
• Register valuables on www.immobilise.com
If you are going away on holiday, think about house security:
1. Use timers to switch lights or a radio on and off to make it look like someone is home
2. Keep windows covered
3. Ask a neighbour to push mail through and keep an eye on the house
4. Ask a neighbour to park their car on your drive to make it look as if you are home