Fishing sessions at Oak Road Pond30th June 2023
KCOM Community Grant30th June 2023
Big Local is a place-based investment programme supporting residents in 150 Big Local areas around England to lead change in their area.
Current Status: Open for Applications
Maximum value: Discretionary
Objectives of Fund
Local Trust is a place-based funder, which works with 150 Big Local areas, where people are making their communities better places to live.
The aim of the fund is to create empowered, resilient, dynamic and asset-rich communities making their own decisions on what is best for their area. This will involve forming a Big Local partnership and creating a plan unique to each community.
The key priorities of the Big Local Fund are:
- Long term – to provide certainty and continuity, over 10-15 years
- Resident-led – to work directly with individuals living in areas rather than through organisations and build confidence and capacity amongst those wanting to make a difference to their community.
- Non-prescriptive – to enable residents to spend on their own terms and in their own time, on the projects they judge to be most important to them.
- Patient and non-judgemental – to give communities the time and opportunity to learn, make mistakes, resolve disagreements, and overcome challenges.
- Flexible and responsive support – to help communities to build the confidence and capability to make the most of the opportunities available to them.
Who Can Apply
Funding is available for residents of Big Local communities.
Groups should check the Big Local website to find out if their location is eligible.
Local restrictions will apply.
Big Local has four outcomes:
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and how to meet them.
- People will build their skills and confidence, enabling them to identify and respond to needs in the future.
- The community will make a real difference to what it believes are its most important needs.
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.
Each local area will have a different set of priorities.
How To Apply
Applicants should contact their local partnership for details on how to get involved and apply for funding, please check out their website here https://localtrust.org.uk/big-local/