UK Community Foundations10th February 2023
Submissions to the 2023 Ferens Open Exhibition opening soon10th February 2023
Grants are available for registered allotment associations and committees for the improvement and development of facilities on registered and permitted sites.
Current Status: Open for Applications
Maximum value: £ 2,000
Objectives of Fund
The Trust’s objectives are to:
- Advance and improve the allotments or gardens movement by education, training, workshops and support.
- Provide training for allotment committee members and for people who wish to become involved in the management of allotments.
- Support committees who wish to take a lease of their site from either local authority or private landlord.
- Improve the facilities for those who have need for such facilities because of youth, infirmity or disability.
- Provide funding and experience in allotment gardening.
- Arrange local training courses.
Grants of £250 to £2,000 are available.
Who Can Apply
Applications are accepted from registered allotment associations and committees in the UK. Non-statutory sites may also be eligible if a long-term lease is in place.
The committee must:
- Be officially recognised by the landlord of the site.
- Have a written and signed constitution.
- Have a bank account with three signatories.
- Have a forwarding address and named contact.
Grants are for allotment associations and committees to support projects that will improve or develop the facilities of permanent and registered allotment gardens in the UK.
How To Apply
Applications are assessed on a quarterly basis with the following application deadlines each year: 1 Jan, 1 April, 1 July, 1 October.
An application form is available to download from the NAGT website.
Contact the National Allotment Gardens Trust for further information http://nagtrust.co.uk/