The next deadline for Small Grant applications is 1st December 2017
The next deadline for Main Grant applications is 16th January 2018
BBC Children in Need is currently accepting applications from charities and not-for-profit organisations working with disadvantaged children and young people in the UK who are 18 years old and younger.
BBC Children in Need is the BBC’s UK charity which has raised more than £600 million since 1980 to change the lives of disadvantaged children and young people living in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Island.
Registered charities, voluntary organisations, schools, churches and community interest groups can apply for either a Small Grant of up to £10,000 (for projects of one year) or a Main Grant exceeding £10,000 (for projects of up to three years).
Projects must benefit children and young people (aged 18 years and younger) who are experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation
Organisations must be working to combat this disadvantage and to make a real difference to children and young people’s lives.
- Take the initiative and show clearly how they will make a difference in children and young people’s lives.
- Address the challenges the children and young people face, build their skills and resilience, empower them and extend their choices in life.
- Involve children and young people in the design, delivery and evaluation of their work.
- Be keen to keep learning about their work so that their ability to make a difference in children and young people’s lives can keep on improving.
The Small Grants programme is looking for projects where a relatively small amount of money can make a big difference for children and young people.
The grants are to be used for direct project costs that relate clearly and directly to a project. These can include salaries, volunteer expenses, building hire costs and travel costs. In many cases project costs also include less delivery-focused aspects such as line management, administration, insurance and utilities. Match funding is not required.
Although applications are accepted throughout the year, there are specific deadlines and award dates.
Full details can be found on the BBC website