Don’t be a victim of Rogue Traders20th September 2019
New Funding for Local Road Safety Projects20th September 2019
Grassroots community organisations and charities with an income of less than £250,000 per annum can apply now for either of the following grants:
- Capacity building grants of up to £500 will support organisations to become more robust and better able to deliver projects that have a legacy beyond the funding. Funding will support activities such as developing organisational governance, policies and procedures as well as increasing overall capacity in groups.
- Project development grants of up to £4,000 will be available for projects, including purchasing items, materials and equipment to benefit the local community, improvements to a community building, developing an outdoor space or running a community project or activity. Projects can also fund coordinators to manage volunteers, staff to lead activities or training sessions, workshops and community activities.
Projects need to tackle Comic Relief’s four core themes:
- Children Survive & Thrive: supporting children under the age of 5 to grow, play and learn in safe environments with people who love and care for them.
- Fighting for Gender Justice: projects that champion women and girls, including initiatives that help people affected by domestic violence, abuse or exploitation.
- A Safe Place to Be – projects that tackle homelessness and support people who are rebuilding their lives because of homelessness or forced migration.
- Mental Health Matters: projects that support good mental health in communities and tackle stigma and discrimination.
This is a rolling programme and applications can be made at any time.
For more information visit https://www.groundwork.org.uk/national-grants/comic-relief-community-grants/