Deadline 21st November
Come and join Yorkshire MESMAC in Hull where they have an exciting opportunity for a Community Development Worker to help promote a positive sexual health message among young people across Hull.
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
- To reduce the incidence of STI infection and poor sexual health during sex between people in Hull.
- To develop expertise in and focus the majority of work on Young people assigned to this role. To maintain and use the skills required to work with all population groups where necessary.
- To undertake outreach work, focusing on Young people in colleges, schools, community centres, youth centres, youth projects, street outreach and outreach to other settings that young people use.
- To develop forums, groups and events that meet the needs of Young people
- To offer information and sexual health resources, including condoms and lube in a variety of settings; including over the telephone, face to face and over internet.
- To deliver appropriate community based sexual health interventions including HIV point of care tests (POCT) and chlamydia tests to the target groups in community settings.
- To market these services, monitor and evaluate them.
- To work in partnership, with appropriate agencies, to develop these services further.
Salary: NJC scale 5 (points 19 – 22) starting at £24,799 pro rata per annum for 21 hours per week.
Contract is fixed term until 31st March 2021 (with the possibility of a 2 year extension). There is a 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period).
Salary is reviewed annually.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
Application packs (along with the job description and person specification) can be downloaded here
Completed applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
If your application is successful then interviews will be on Thursday 5th December 2019.