Deadline 2nd February
Employed by: Probe (Hull) Limited (on behalf of the Greatfield Big Local Partnership) Hours: 24 per week. Location: Greatfield Salary: Pro rata £25k pa
The post holder will play a critical role in supporting the Partnership in the delivery of the Greatfield Plan (the Greatfield Big Local project is in year three of a ten year programme).
- Providing research and development support to the partnership and its sub committees.
- Working with the partnership to help convert priorities into actions.
- Developing processes to increase community consultation.
- Identifying new opportunities to complement add value and increase the impact of Big Local core funds.
- Promoting the Social Investment Fund.
- Managing the “Social Entrepreneurship” project.
- Recruitment, induction and training of new volunteers and potential partnership members in line with partnership needs.
- Implementing any communication strategies agreed by the partnership.
- Develop wider partnership working to support the Greatfield plan.
The post holder will need a strong commitment to helping members of the community get involved in the work of the Greatfield Big Local project. Some experience of project development and delivery will be essential. The post holder will also need to be self-reliant, energetic and able to prioritise activities and get things done.
- Recruit, select, support and offer training to volunteers to enable service delivery and expansion.
- Plan and organise activities and create opportunities for local people to develop new relationships and improve skills and confidence through volunteering.
- Develop and deliver a “Champions” project to support volunteer recruitment.
- Attend meetings and agree actions to be implemented towards the delivery of the plan and develop action plans as appropriate.
- Seek opportunities/create new partnerships to develop activity to complement Big Local mainstream funding.
- Take the lead in rolling out and oversee the delivery of the Unltd enterprise project.
- Increase the depth and quality of community consultation by implementing a reference group using new technology.
- Undertake an audit of Social Investment Fund (SIF) terms and conditions and implement any changes agreed.
- Promote the SIF and link to the enterprise project as appropriate.
- Prepare progress reports as required by the Greatfield Partnership and funders.
- Undertake other general duties as may be required which are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post or which are deemed necessary
- To develop and sustain links with other organisations
- Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate, including staff meetings.
- Maintain the principle of confidentiality and equal opportunity in all aspects of the work.
- Comply with Health and Safety policy and take adequate care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Provide a high level of internal and external customer service at all times .
The post will be line joint managed by the Greatfield Partnership and Probe (Hull) Ltd.
Please ring Steve Alltoft on 01482 782400 or by e mail on email@example.com for an informal discussion and to apply.
Closing Date – Friday 2nd February.