Small grants are available for new groups and very small self-help groups in the City of Hull to help with the costs of getting established.
Current Status – Open for Applications
Maximum value –£ 200
Objectives of Fund
The Starter Grant scheme is funded by a donation from The Sir James Reckitt Charity and administered by Hull CVS.
Funding is intended to help small new groups and small self help groups operating in the City of Hull, especially those that find it hard to obtain money from larger grant-making bodies, either because they are not fully established yet, or because they are so small and informal that they would not be eligible.
Two levels of funding are awarded:
- Grants of up to £150 for new groups.
- Repeat grants of up to £200 for very small self help and support groups with an income of less than £2000 per year.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not required.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include:
- Small self-help groups (eg neighbourhood networks, BME groups, local health and wellbeing groups) that find it difficult to access funding.
- Genuinely autonomous groups that are just getting themselves off the ground can apply.
- Three or more people who want to try to set up a new group can apply to have a room paid for, or some publicity printed to get their group off the ground.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Operate within the City of Hull.
- Have a bank or building society account in the name of the group with two unrelated signatories.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Groups cannot apply for anything that is about promotion of religion or to run activities that are war-like, or for anything that is political.
- Groups that have already received funding from the SIr James Reckitt charity in the same financial year cannot apply.
- Groups that have an annual income of more than £2,000 in the last financial year (from grants, donations, or fundraising activities) cannot apply.
- Development Workers cannot apply on behalf of groups they are helping. Although they can give support to groups to help them to apply.
- Groups cannot apply for something for an individual.
Funding can be used to help with the costs of getting established, for example:
- Booking a room.
- Printing a poster or newsletter to encourage more members.
- Paying for stamps and phone call.
- Paying bus fares or mileage for the new committee to enable them to do what is necessary to get the group going.
- Buying some resources to start running activities.
Hull CVS can help groups with writing a constitution or set of rules.
How To Apply
Applications can be submitted online at any time.