Northern Powergrid is the Electricity Distribution Network Operator who keep the lights on, the kettles boiling and the phones charged for 8 million people across the North East, Yorkshire and north Lincolnshire.
They would like to invite you to their community event where they want to meet local partners and explore how they can work with you to support vulnerable people within communities.
They will be launching their annual community fund which has an allocation of £50,000 for grants to voluntary and community projects based in the Northern Powergrid operating areas. Grants are available from £1,000 to £10,000
The aim of the fund is to:
- Support local energy projects, to get off the ground. Including; energy generation and purchasing
- Alleviate hardship associated with fuel poverty and promoting innovative energy-related environmental impact, energy efficiency or carbon reduction
- Educating and informing communities about safety in relation to energy and street works
- Encouraging interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects and related career opportunities
- Promoting use of the Priority Services Register and additional support, a free service provided by suppliers and network operators to customers in need within communities
Applications will be open from December 2017 and end January 2018. Grants will be awarded in March 2018.
This event will:
- Explain who they are and what they do
- Provide you with information about their Priority Service Register (PSR) and how they support vulnerable customers
- Offer you free resources to make sure the vulnerable communities you support are prepared for winter and more resilient in the event of a power cut
- Launch the community fund
- Provide you with information about their social and community programmes, including partnership with Citizens Advice offering free affordability advice