The Big Malarkey returns this June!2nd June 2023
Community Radio Fund2nd June 2023
Grants are available for projects to improve the mental health of young women aged 16 to 25 years old in the North East or North West of England, Yorkshire and Humber or Northern Ireland.
Current Status: Open for Applications
Maximum value: £90,000
Objectives of Fund
Funding is available for projects in specific geographic locations to improve the mental health of young women aged 16 to 25 years by enabling access to high quality mental health provision.
The geographical focus is reviewed for each funding round.
In 2023, the focus is North East or North West of England, Yorkshire and Humber or Northern Ireland.
A total of £5 million is available over a five-year period (2021-2026).
Grants of between £20,000 to £30,000 (i.e. £60,000 and £90,000 for three years) are available.
It is anticipated that between 10 and 12 grants will be awarded each year.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from registered or exempt UK charities with an annual income of between £100,000 and £1 million, have been operating for at least three years and whose work or project is located in North East England, North West England, Yorkshire and Humber, or any part of Northern Ireland.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be able to demonstrate all of the following:
- A track record of working with young women aged 16-25 years old.
- A track record of delivering mental health services including those that are trauma informed.
- Offer wrap-around support (in-house or through partnerships and referral pathways) that meets the holistic and practical needs of young women.
- Provide safe, women-only services and/or spaces that are accessible and welcoming to young women.
- Involve those with lived experience in the design of their services.
- Have staff and trustees that are representative of the communities that they work with.
- Develop and share learning with their peers.
- Have an impact that reaches beyond immediate beneficiaries of the work.
For the 2023 round, only young women and girls living in Northern Ireland or the North East or North West of England or Yorkshire and Humber will receive support. National charities may apply but the funded activity must only support those from these areas.
Priority will be given to partnership applications.
For further details on this fund please visit Young women’s mental health grants – Pilgrim Trust (thepilgrimtrust.org.uk)