Hull: The Older People’s Partnership are looking for Trustee’s9th December 2019
Greggs Foundation – Local Community Projects Fund9th December 2019
Update from Humberside Police :
We’ve been getting some early Christmas presents through Op Galaxy this week after arresting sixteen people in connection with various offences including those relating to drugs, burglary, weapons, kidnap, threats to kill, and sexual crimes.
While everyone is getting prepared for the festive season, all our teams and officers that work through Op Galaxy are continuing to make sure it’s a happy and safe one for all our communities.
Monday 2 December
- Man, 21, arrested on Beverley Road in Hull in connection with blackmail and kidnap offences. He was also arrested on suspicion of theft from a vehicle and GBH. A house was also searched in connection with this. He’s been released under investigation.
- A search was made of a property on Bartlett Street, Beverley for stolen goods. A man was arrested on suspicion of burglary.
- Five arrest attempts were made in Beverley and Hull for individuals wanted for threats to kill, malicious communications, burglary, and cannabis production.
Tuesday 3 December
- A Misuse of Drugs Act (MDA) warrant was executed on Denison Road, Pocklington. A man was arrested on suspicion for being concerned in the supply of class A drugs. £1,000 in cash, suspected heroin and cocaine as well as tablets were seized.
- A man was arrested in Beverley in connection with malicious communications and threats to kill. A mobile phone, sim card, a grinder and a herbal substances were seized.
Wednesday 4 December
- Three women, two men and one boy were arrested following MDA warrants executed simultaneously at two addresses on Castle Street in Grimsby.
- Over £1,000 worth of class B drugs, £400 in cash, drugs paraphernalia, five mobile phones, and three air rifles were seized.
Thursday 5 December
- Alongside the north bank proactive team in Bridlington, a MDA warrant executed on Tennyson Avenue resulted in a man being arrested for being concerned in the supply of class A drugs. He was stopped in a car by Op Galaxy officers. A mobile phone was seized.
- Another Bridlington MDA warrant on Britannia Road proved negative.
- Working with our south bank protecting vulnerable people unit In Scunthorpe a search done at a property ended in a woman being arrested for causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, and causing or inciting the sexual exploitation of child.
- Three properties were visited in Scunthorpe in the search for a burglary suspect. They weren’t found but we collected some strong intelligence to help us continue our searches.
- There was also a search done at a house in Hull with Hull CID in connection with an earlier burglary arrest.
Friday 6 December
- A 52-year-old man was arrested in Hull on suspicion of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13. He’s to appear again at a police station in January. A computer hard drive, mobile phones and a USB stick were seized.
- There were four arrest attempts in Beverley and Scunthope for people wanted in connection with sexual offences, production of an illegal drug, and purchasing hazardous materials that could be used in crime. None of them were found.
Saturday 7 December
- A search was done of a property on Newtondale after a man was arrested earlier in the day by Hull CID for possessing a class A drug with intent to supply, possession of a firearm, driving while unfit through drink/drugs, without insurance and while disqualified.
- More than 40 items including weapons and suspected stolen items were recovered.
- Two arrest attempts were made in Hull and in Scunthorpe, one for a suspect wanted for cannabis production, the other for an investigation involving our protecting vulnerable people unit. Both searches proved negative.
Sunday 8 December
- In Hook, a man was arrested on suspicion of trying to import illegal knives into the country. Mobiles and laptops were seized as well as four knives and ammunition. He’s been bailed to appear at a police station next month.
- Two teenagers were arrested in Hull. One for breach of bail and was transferred straight to court, the other for sexual assault on a child under 13. He will appear at a police station again in February.
- We carried out two arrest attempts for teenagers in connection with an incident of GBH in Hull in July. They weren’t in at the addresses we visited but we shall be returning.
Any little stocking fillers of information that you can pass on to us will be gratefully received.