Humber Watch Association21st June 2019
Peter Cruddas Foundation21st June 2019
Deadline 12th July
This is a Trust that has its roots in the Christian tradition recognising a common practical vision of a better world with those of other faith traditions and none. They aim to fund projects that address the divisions in society by developing greater understanding of social justice and diversity.
Main Funding Programme – a two stage process for organisations with an income of up to £250,000. Although they may award up to £5,000, this is exceptional, the typical grant is normally around £2,000-£3,000.
Small Grants Programme – a one stage process for smaller organisations with an income of less than £50,000 seeking grants of up to £500.
They fund projects:
- that focus on neighbourhoods and communities of interest,
- where people are developing lasting relationships at a grassroots level,
- with the potential for positive, longer term change,
- that are willing to try out new ways of working that others can learn from,
- promoting the inclusion of people experiencing the most social and economic hardship,
- that enable people to be agents of change in their own lives and communities,
Projects applying for funding need to:
- be located within the Yorkshire and Humber region,
- be able to demonstrate longer term financial and project planning, involving multiple streams of funding,
- demonstrate innovative or creative ways of addressing areas of concern,
- demonstrate how change and transformation can be achieved in one or more of the following ways:
- creating greater inclusivity by breaking down barriers of fear based on for example religious, cultural, ethnic or social difference or financial hardship,
- integrating marginalised groups into mainstream society and promoting a welcoming culture,
- aiding the integration of marginalised groups through environmental projects,
- developing greater understanding of these issues through carrying out research.
For more information go to the Foundation’s website