Get Your Bike Marked & Registered – For FREE!11th July 2023
Water Safety Message!12th July 2023
Humberside Fire & Rescue Services want to make sure the safety of your home and loved ones is a team effort. By involving everyone in your household, you can create a fire-safe environment. To ensure the safety of you and your family in the house, here are some steps you can all take.
Test Smoke Alarms
Make sure you have working smoke alarms on every floor of your home. Encourage everyone in the household to be involved in regular testing to make sure they are working.
Fire Hazard Checks
Get everyone involved to help keep your home safe:
- Always turn off the cooker when you’re finished using it.
- Remember to unplug appliances when you’re not using them (except for things like your freezer!)
- Try not to use washing machines or other appliances when you’re asleep.
- Make sure to put out candles and cigarettes properly.
- Turn off heaters and use fireguards before bedtime.
- Keep exits clear so you can escape quickly if needed.
- Close doors at night to stop a fire from spreading.
- Keep keys to doors and windows where everyone can find them.
By following these steps and involving every member of your household, you can build a fire-safe home where everyone feels protected and secure.
Click here to read more about the Humberside Fire & Rescue Services.
Click here to read more about the Humberside Fire & Rescue Services Push The Button campaign.
Click here to read more about the Humberside Fire & Rescue Services Water Safety Message.