Macmillan Specialist Care at Home team are recruiting volunteers and there are a variety of opportunities available to suit all interests …. Arts and crafts , gardening , home visits , social media etc..
The roles on offer are:-
• Befrienders – home visits, chatting , light housework and much more
• Dementia Support – making memory boxes , befriending and much more
• Caring CALLER – telephone befrienders
• Immediate Bereavement support – a two week practical support volunteer to assist individual with no other family support to register the death and arrange the funeral etc..
• Social media champion : to support keeping the social media pages up to date
• Publicity champions – promoting and attending events
• Macmillan Allotment-supporting the allotment and patients to enjoy being outdoors
• Arts and crafts groups
The roles are available 7 days a week – 9-5 and 5-7 Mon-Fri and Sat-Sun 10-2 and that one or two hours a week makes a big difference to people’s lives and their families!