All members are invited to attend Bid Writing Event29th November 2019
Can you feel the Force’ of Op Galaxy?3rd December 2019
Update from Humberside Police:
Class A and class B drugs worth in excess of £80,000 has been seized over the past few days along with thousands in cash thanks to work being done through Op Galaxy.
The hauls cap off another stellar week which has seen officers from numerous departments in the force working together proactively to achieve some cracking results.
Without further ado, here’s what has been happening:
Monday 25 November
- A Misuse of Drugs Act (MDA) warrant was executed at a property on Smith Street in Scunthorpe. This resulted in two people being arrested for being concerned in the supply of a class A drug and money laundering.
- More than £3,000 in cash, 8 mobile phones, and an iPad were seized. A car was also searched outside the address. Both men have been bailed.
- An arrest attempt was also made for a man on suspicion of engaging in sexual activity with a child under 13. He wasn’t at the address we visited, but he was found and arrested later in the day. He’s been bailed.
Tuesday 26 November
- Working with our Serious and Organised Crime unit a man was arrested for possession with intent to supply class A drugs (PWITS) in Winterton. A phone was seized. He’s been bailed.
- Arrest attempt made for an individual in suspicion with cyber crime and proceeds of crime offences in Hull. He wasn’t at the address we had. Our cyber crime team are continuing investigations.
- The team was sent to Bradford on standby to carry out a section 9 Police and Criminal Evidence Act warrant in partnership with West Yorkshire Police. It was in connection with the alleged supply of drugs into a prison. The suspect wasn’t caught.
Wednesday 27 November
- A MDA warrant carried out in High Street in Barrow where a cannabis grow was found (see above). Around 60 plants were discovered. No-one was there but the plants were seized and equipment was destroyed to prevent further use.
- The plants were of very good quality and maturity. Specialist officers estimate them to have a street value of approximately £1250 to £1500 per plant.
Thursday 28 November
- Following information about suspicious activity at an address on Freeman Street Grimsby, an emergency MDA warrant was executed at the property
- Three men were arrested on suspicion of PWITS a class A drug. Two of them were also arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.
- Approximately £4000 in suspected crack and heroin and £1100 in cash (see photo) was seized, and information was collected with possible links to a county lines operation.
- Another warrant was carried out on Great Union Street in Hull. £50 in spice and £650 in cash were seized. A man was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of psychoactive substance.
- Lots of drugs related paraphernalia seized from both warrants.
- A man was arrested and charged with ABH in connection with an incident earlier this month. David Jennison, 41, from Rockford Avenue in Hull is due to appear in court.
On Monday, it’ll be four weeks since we officially launched Op Galaxy and we’ll be bringing you the latest updates and all the up-to date results.
If you know anything, are worried about anything, and want to pass any information on to us please get in touch.