Flexible working patterns, Temp/PT contract
£22k pa pro rata
Job title: Tutor Functional Skills / English/ Maths / ICT Skills for Life and Work
Responsible to: Emmaus Functional Skills Leader
Purpose of post:
- To plan and deliver high quality teaching, learning, assessment and tutorial support to Emmaus companions and volunteers, to maximise achievement and support continuous improvement.
- To teach and assess Functional English/ Maths/ ICT within a range of vocational areas, mainly to adult learners.
- To provide guidance and support to vocational mentors. To plan and deliver innovative teaching sessions to inspire and motivate.
The post holder will be required:
- To teach and assess Functional skills English/ Maths / ICT to Emmaus companions.
- To support vocational mentors to embed Functional Skills in schemes of work and lesson plans.
- To devise a programme of learning (scheme of work) with appropriate effective teaching and learning strategies, resources and assessments.
- To support the principles of effective learning by participating in the development of shared teaching and learning resources for Functional Skills.
- To maintain attendance registers, records of progress and ensure Learners are correctly enrolled with the Emmaus and Awarding Bodies.
- To undertake professional development and training to contribute to individual and Emmaus development as agreed through professional review, so evaluating and enhancing own practice.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of High Quality Learning modules.
- To present the Emmaus and ensure that all areas of personal activity comply with the standards laid down by the Emmaus and Emmaus UK.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety regulations.
- To ensure compliance with the Financial Regulations of Emmaus.
- To positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and learners.
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- To deliver employability programmes for companions to enable progression.
This job description is intended to provide a general guide to the duties and responsibilities of the post and aims to set this in the context of the framework within which the post holder is expected to operate.