Hull: Living With Dementia Family Fun Day31st May 2018
Two Ridings Community Foundation – #iwill Fund31st May 2018
Deadline 22nd June
Location: 33 Lockwood Street – The Orchard
Hours: 37.5 hrs a week, flexible working – will include some weekend working
The main duties include:
- Supporting a companion’s Emmaus journey from entry through to independence.
- Assessing the Companion’s independence skills (e.g. budgeting, banking, cooking, shopping, ability to access support etc.) and arranging any training/help as needed.
- Helping Companions to secure jobs by supporting them in looking for employment, writing CVs, making applications, being interviewed etc.
- Cultivating and liaising with prospective employers.
- Supporting learning and development.
- Supporting people who have started working outside the Community.
- Liaising with the housing department about housing, housing benefit and other matters.
- Liaising with probation and other support services as appropriate
- Building up a resource of benevolent landlords and letting agents.
- Where appropriate, helping to facilitate family reconciliation.
- Making a relationship with Companions before they leave that can be sustained during the leaving process and after it.
- Helping with the practicalities of the actual move (services, decoration, removal, paying rent, deposits etc.
- Staying in touch with, recording and keeping track of what happens to Companions once they leave.
Emmaus will be hosting a visit / Q&A session for those wanting to look round this scheme prior to submitting an application on Monday the 11th June 2018 1:30pm
For an application pack and to book the visit please contact Kelly Thompson email@example.com or 01482 223722